All rights reserved.
Aquarium of the Pacific
Coupons & Discounts
The who, what, where and
how can I save money?
Aquarium of the Pacific Coupons and Discounts
offers guests many ways to save money while
enjoying this California aquarium.
Where is the Aquarium of the
Pacific and what is it like?
Address: 100 Aquarium Way
Long Beach, California.
Aquarium of the Pacific Details
The aquarium is open from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. every day of the year, except December 25 and during the
weekend of the Grand Prix of Long Beach (April 19-21, 2013).
Regular Aquarium of the Pacific admission includes all the galleries, hands-on labs, and presentations as noted
on the daily handout. Adult: $25.95, Child (3-11): $14.95 and Children 2 and under are FREE.
Parking is available for a fee. The fee varies on the length of the visit. A flat fee of $8 is offered for all day.
However, if you are attending an event the fee will be higher. If you are able to get validation from an area
business, the first 90 minutes of parking is FREE.
The aquarium does not allow any outside food or drink inside the building. However, there are picnic tables
available outside for you to use.
Where to Find Coupons and
Discounts for Aquarium of the
- The Aquarium of the Pacific has a newsletter
that you can sign up to have delivered to
your email. It includes updates and future
- AAA members receive 10% off Adult, Children
and Senior tickets, when card is shown, on
up to four admissions.
- The aquarium offers discount tickets to
military personal. Tickets can be purchased
at your local MWR office or at the ticket
office with Military ID.
Aquarium of the Pacific is set on a five-acre site and opened in 1998. The aquarium is one of the largest in
the United States with 19 major habitats and 32 exhibits. Over 500 species reside on the property.
This California attraction is divided into three of the Pacific Ocean’s regions. They are the Southern
California/Baja, Tropical Pacific and Northern Pacific.
The Southern California/ Baja section has 18 exhibits and a 142,000-gallon, three-story high exhibit in this
area. This area also includes a 211,000-gallon Seal and Sea Lion Habitat.
The Tropical Pacific contains the Aquarium of the Pacific’s largest exhibit, a 350,000-reef habitat. The Gallery
features sea horses and sea dragons. The Aquarium of the Pacific was the first aquarium in the world to
successfully breed weedy sea dragon babies.
The Northern Pacific Gallery 16 exhibits with such animals as the sea otter, giant Pacific octopus and sea
- A FREE Seniors Day is being held on September 6, 2013 from 9am - 2pm. It will be FREE to all those over
50 with a valid ID.
- On November 11, 2013 all veterans, military, firefighters and police officers can have a FREE aquarium
ticket with a valid service ID.
- If you are visiting for a convention, present your Long Beach, Los Angeles County, or Orange County
conventioneer badge at the ticket window after 2:00 p.m. and get a discount of 50 percent or more.
This offer is good for one week before and after your convention is in town.
- A Senior rate is offered that saves you three dollars off your ticket.
- Throughout the year the aquarium offers extended evening hours, during these events the evening
hours are often offered at a discounted rate.
- In 2013, Shark Lagoon Nights offer guests FREE entrance to see Shark Lagoon. Shark Lagoon Nights are
offered most, but not every, Friday.
- The grocery store Albertsons is offering a coupons for $6 off adult's admissions and $3 off child's tickets
until February 21.
- There is a combo ticket with the Queen Mary OR the Battleship IOWA that saves over $10 on regular
priced adult tickets. These tickets can be purchased online.
- A combo ticket with the Los Angeles Zoo offers you a discount of over $7 for adult tickets.
- Other combo tickets offered include Behinds the Scenes tour, Grey Whale Watch and Harbour Tour.
These can all be bought online.
- The Aquarium of the Pacific's website offers "Web Only" specials on certain combo tickets when you
buy them on the aquarium's website.
- The website Daytrippen.com offers tickets at $5 off adult aquarium tickets and $1 off child's tickets
when you purchase on their website.
- The aquarium has an annual Kid's Fun Run in October. Participants (only) receive a FREE admission to
the aquarium. Participants are 6 to 12 years old. The course is one mile long.
- Coupon sites like Retailmenot.com and Dealspl.us often have printable coupons.
- Shark Lagoon Nights are offered almost every Friday night and is FREE for everyone. Hours are usually
from 6pm to 9pm.
- Groups of ten or more paying guests are offered discounts when a reservation is made.
- If you visit the Aquarium of the Pacific often, you really want to check out a membership. Other
discounts and perks are given to members at the park. Many times this is a savings after just a couple
- If you go to their Facebook page, you will see a heading called "Deals" under the list on the left of the
page. They will regularly post coupons that you can print out and use at the aquarium from this page.
- If you visiting a number of Los Angeles attractions, a Go Los Angeles Card can save families a lot of
money. This card offers entrance to 40 of the top L.A. attractions free with the purchase of the card
along with shopping and restaurant deals. These cards can be purchased for one to seven days usage.
Some of the attractions are Universal Studios (with a 3 day or more purchase), Kodak Theatre Guided
Tour, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Legoland, Knotts Berry Farm and many more.
- Some local credit unions offer discounted tickets.
- Area tourists books and brochure areas often have coupons for the aquarium. These can be found at
the Chamber of Commerce, visitors centers and hotels.
Aquarium of the Pacific coupons, discounts, deals and specials change frequently.