Disney World's Main Street U.S.A.
& Liberty Square Access
All rights reserved.
Check with your doctor about
riding. Guests should be free of
high blood pressure, heart, back
or neck problems, motion
sickness and other conditions to
ride some of the attractions.
Expectant mother should not
ride some of the rides.
Several people with limited abilities or a disability vacation often at the Magic Kingdom. The park works
to make every guest's trip as enjoyable as possible. This page is an outline of the attractions, stores
and restaurants that are Walt Disney World's Main Street U.S.A. in Magic Kingdom and how to access
Disney's Main Street U.S.A.
All shops in the Main Street area are wheelchair accessible. Pick up any receiver devices you need at
City Hall - this is where Guest Relations is located. If you need any equipment, you will want to make
this your fist stop. Wheelchair access is by a side door on the right side. This door has a ramp.
Main Street Vehicles - provides a one-way ride on a horse-pulled trolley, omnibus, horseless carriage or
a fire engine. You can catch an wheelchair access vehicle at Town Square and Central Plaza.
- Any guests with wheelchairs need to transfer. You need to be able to walk by yourself or with help
from a member of your party. There are a few steps to board.
- Folding wheelchairs can be placed in all vehicles except the jitney.
Walt Disney World Railroad - this authentic steam train ride is a 21-minute round trip.
- There are quite a few stairs to board the train. Unsteady guests will need the help of a family
member. Rental strollers are not allowed on the ride.
- Guests with wheelchairs will need to transfer. Wheelchair Access hubs are only at Mickey's
Toontown Station, New Orleans Square Station and Tomorrowland Station.
- Audio Description and Handheld Captioning.
The Disney Gallery - Here you will see original sketches and illustrations by some of the most famous
Imagineers and Disney artists, Disney artifacts and gift items.
- You can remain in your wheelchair or Electric Convenience Vehicle to tour this gallery.
The Disneyland Story Presenting Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln - This Audio-Animatronics show
includes the history of President Lincoln with some of his most famous speeches.
- Guests can remain in their wheelchairs or Electric Convenience Vehicle for this show.
- Guests can let a Cast Member at the show know if they would like to use the video monitors for
captioning or the Reflective Captioning system.
Main Steet Cinemas - This theater shows classic films.
- You can remain in your wheelchair or ECV. The wheelchair access is available on the side of the
turnstile. Just remove the short rope and enter.
Restaurants in Main Street
Counter service is provided by: Main Street Bake Shop, Plaza Ice Cream Parlor and
Casey’s Corner. If you are using a wheelchair when ordering at Casey’s Corner, the first
register on the left will be the easiest. Some menu items may already work with some
Tony’s Town Square Restaurant - ramp is on the far right by the Main Street Train
Station tunnel. This restaurant has table service and priority seating is suggested by
- It works with most dietary concerns.
The Plaza Restaurant - this table service restaurant can accommodate most special
The Crystal Palace - a ramp is located on the left for those that need to use it. This is a
buffet restaurant with items such as prime rib and Atlantic Salmon on the menu.
- This restaurant can work with most dietary needs.
All shops in Liberty Square are wheelchair accessible.
The Hall of Presidents - This 24-minute theater presentation features the Presidents of the United
- Guests can remain in their wheelchair for the attraction. They can enter through the door on the
right of the turnstiles.
- Reflective Captioning and Assistive Listening Receivers are able to be used at this attraction. If you
are wishing to use Reflective Captioning, you will need to contact a Cast Member.
The Haunted Mansion - a simulation of a haunted house that has slow vehicles that turn and tilt in the
- Guests in wheelchairs must transfer to the ride. They can use the standard line until the marked
access gate on the right side just past the entrance planter.
- Handheld Captioning is offered at this attraction with the device.
- Some of the special effects may be too intense for some guests.
Liberty Belle Riverboat - this is an authentic three tiered paddlewheel steamship.
- Guests can remain in their wheelchairs for the attraction.
- Guests with wheelchairs can enter the exit ramp on the far left or right side and go to the dock area.
- Sign language interpretation is offered on Mondays and Thursdays at certain show times.
Restaurants in Liberty Square
Columbia Harbour House, The Diamond Horseshoe and Sleepy Hollow offer counter service. When
ordering at Columbia Harbour House, guests in wheelchairs can use the first register on the left.
Liberty Tree Tavern - is a casual, American, a la carte restaurant. It offers a lunch, dinner and kids
menu and is on the Disney Dining Plan. Lunch entrees are offered at a per entree price. However, at
dinner it is a family-style restaurant with a flat rate for dinner for ten and over.
- Most food concerns can be addressed with advanced notice.
- Wheelchair access is on a ramp to the left of the lobby.
|For more information on
access to other Disney
areas as well as other
parks, check our Park